Many teachers are heading back to school now. Are you ready? Let me highlight some older posts that will help with back-to-school prep.
- What do you like to bring into your classroom? What do other teachers always make sure they have on hand? Read about classroom essentials and playful props.
- How will you make your classroom ready and welcoming for new learners? Read about making the classroom “our” room and freshening it up throughout the year. Also, consider establishing practices early on to create a “green” classroom.
- New school? New country? New learners? Remember to explain how students may address you.
- Do you have a good warm-up activity for the first day? Consider back-to-school activities Part 1 and Part 2. An alternative to the class-created puzzle and class web is a survey.
- How will you establish good study habits? Read about weekend wanna-dos. And if you’re going to make use of cell phone technology, consider taking the time to teach phone etiquette in the first few weeks.
Happy teaching to all!