My Online Projects
- English language instructional videos are posted on YouTube under the name JenniferESL. Please encourage your students to subscribe! Lessons for all levels: Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation, American Slang, and Common Mistakes in English. I have also posted lessons addressing U.S. holidays and American culture.
- I have two growing collections of videos on my website to aid learners in their vocabulary studies: Everyday Vocabulary and Word of the Day (based on the words from the Pearson Longman series Vocabulary Power).
- EnglishCafe.com is the sponsor and host of my series for videomakers: How to Make EFL Instructional Videos. Target audience: teachers with classroom experience interested in making the transition to teaching through video.
- EnglishCafe.com also sponsors The Jim & Jen Show, a series which aims to help intermediate and advanced English language learners develop listening and speaking skills for academic and professional situations. My co-star Jim Stroud is the Social Media Development Manager at EnglishCafe.
Online Exercises and Study Tips for ELLs
- As a member of EnglishCafe, I also create exercises for English language learners. These exercises mostly provide additional practice on the topics I address in my YouTube videos. While many sites embed my YouTube lessons, EnglishCafe is in a unique position because the embedded videos are accompanied by exercises I design exclusively for EnglishCafe members. Links to these exercises appear in the video descriptions on my YouTube channel. EnglishCafe also hosts my growing collection of Study Tips.
Podcasts (Audio Recordings with Transcripts)
- English language lessons are posted on OhMyNewsInternational as mp3 files. The focus of my podcasts is pragmatics. Lesson titles include “Phone Etiquette” and “Successful Job Interviews”. Click here for the complete list of podcasts.
- In March 2009 I began to accept students for private online instruction. My choice of medium is Skype. It has been wonderful to develop a relationship with students once again. Also, I see this as an opportunity for professional growth. I am learning how much I can transfer from previous teaching experience, and I am adapting to an online environment. I have been enjoying this experience very much.